Eggs, Tomatoes and Potatoes with Gremolata, from Marion Cunningham’s The Supper Book
- 1 1/2 lbs small new red potatoes, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, unpeeled
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp finely chopped lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsey
- 4 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Put the potatoes and eggs in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and cook about 12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender with pierced with a knife.
While the potatoes and eggs are cooking, mix the olive oil, lemon zest, parsley, and garlic together. Drain the potatoes and eggs and let cool slighty. Shell and quarter the eggs.
While they are still warm, put the potatoes, eggs and tomatoes in a large bowl, and add the salt. Add a little more than half the gremolata and toss to coat thoroughly. Put the remaining gremolata in a small bowl to pass with bread at the table.